A number of scholarships are available to students of the Argyle Music Department. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants proceeding from Grade 12 to any post secondary educational institution, or to applicants who undertake a program to maintain and develop their musical talents.
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
- have obtained at least a 2.5 grade point average during Gr 11 and 12
- have strong qualities of character and leadership
- have demonstrated proficiency in music performance
- be a regular member of Concert Band, Concert Choir or Strings
- have attended Argyle in Gr 11 and 12 or have attended in Gr 12 at Argyle (if you are a new student at Argyle, please inform Ms. Chan or Mr. Clements. A Music Teacher reference form can be sent to your former teacher to share your musical participation and accomplishments)
In order to apply, you must submit an application form and ask a reference to complete a reference form.
- Applicant Application Form: To be completed by the Applicant
- Reference Form: To be completed by a person, other than a relative, who knows you, regarding your character and leadership. This individual should also be aware of your participation in community activities
- Music Reference: This will be completed by either Ms. Chan, Mrs. Roberts or Mr. Clements this year
- GPA: The school will provide the teachers with the applicant’s GPA information.
AWARD SELECTION PROCESS & ANNOUNCEMENT:
Selection of the scholarship winners will be made by the current Argyle Music Association Scholarship Committee and music teachers. Announcement of recipients and presentations of the Scholarships have not yet been determined. Announcement of recipients and presentations of the Scholarships will
take place the Argyle Convocation Ceremony on June 25.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS FRIDAY, MAY 5 by 4 PM
An email confirmation will be sent upon receipt of your application.
Applications received after this date will NOT be accepted.
Please e-mail the forms to Ms Diana Chan (email@example.com)
cc Mr Will Clements (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject title
AMA Scholarship Application – (Applicant Name) for Application Forms
AMA Scholarship Application – Reference for (Applicant Name) for Reference Forms
Please contact Ms. Chan or Mr. Clements if you have any concerns or difficulty in the process.
Good Luck with your application!