North Vancouver Schools Jazz Festival – this Saturday!
Reminder that this Saturday is the North Vancouver Schools Jazz Festival. I am so excited to be sharing the stage with our junior jazz band at the festival, and to be celebrating and sharing music with other schools around the district!
Reminder here is the festival schedule:
- 8:30 – 8:45: Arrival at Carson Graham (There will be volunteers at the main entrance to show you where the storage area & warm up spaces are)
- 8:45 – 9:00: Warm Up (Get ready for Performance!)
- 9:00 – 10:00: Performance Pod 1 (Carson Graham, Windsor & Argyle – Argyle will be performing in this POD. Please sit together as a group) )
- 10:00 – 10:30: BREAK (Pack up Instruments – you will need them again after lunch. Meet some new friends from other high schools in the district!)
- 10:30 – 11:30: Performance Pod 2 (Enjoy performances from Sutherland, Seycove & Windsor!)
- 11:30 – 12:30: Pizza Lunch – Please bring $2 / slice for pizza; $1 for chips and $1 for pop if you wish to purchase lunch. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch!
(Set up instruments at the end of the lunch hour)
- 12:30 – 1:45: Clinics (Clinic with Adjudicator in POD – Carson, Windsor & Argyle – 20 minute per group)
- 2:00: Closing Remarks & Group Photo (Students will be dismissed directly from the venue)
Dress code for the festival is all black (performance attire). There will be one final lunch rehearsal before the festival on Thursday in the band room!
We are welcoming music students from all six secondary schools in North Vancouver, and we are very exciting to be gathered for this day. Due to limitations with space, we are unfortunately unable to open the festival to public this year. We are hoping to expand the festival in future years so we are able to accommodate guests and share the wonderful work music students across the North Shore are doing with the public!
Thank you again for your support. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.