District Jazz Festival Schedule – Saturday Feb 11
This is another update regarding the district Jazz Festival on Feb 11, 2023. The vision and goal of this festival is to give students from across the district an opportunity to connect and see each other play. The clinics in the afternoon will give the students an opportunity to further learn and improve their skills by working with a professional musician. Please find below the schedule of the day:
- 8:30 – 8:45: Arrival at Carson Graham (We will meet at the front entrance. If
- 8:45 – 9:00: Warm Up (Get ready for Performance!)
- 9:00 – 10:00: Performance Pod 1 (Carson Graham, Windsor & Argyle – Argyle will be performing in this POD. Please sit together as a group)
- 10:00 – 10:30: BREAK (Pack up Instruments – you will need them again after lunch. Meet some new friends from other high schools in the district!)
- 10:30 – 11:30: Performance Pod 2 (Enjoy performances from Sutherland, Seycove & Windsor!)
- 11:30 – 12:30: Pizza Lunch TBC (Set up instruments at the end of the lunch hour)
- 12:30 – 1:45: Clinics (Clinic with Adjudicator in POD – Carson, Windsor & Argyle – 20 minute per group)
- 2:00: Closing Remarks & Group Photo (Students will be dismissed directly from the venue)
I am in the process of organizing pizza lunch for the students and will send an update once closer to the festival date.
I am excited about the sharing and learning that will happen at this event. Thank you for your continued support with what our students are doing in the music program!