Argyle Chamber Choir with the Vancouver Welsh Men’s Choir at Centennial Theatre DECEMBER 16, 2021
You and your family are invited to enjoy a performance by members of the Argyle Chamber Choir in a concert of Christmas music presented by the Vancouver Welsh Men’s Choir at Centennial Theatre, 7:30pm on Thursday, December 16th. It has been the VWMC tradition to invite selected school choirs to join us in some of our annual Christmas concerts around Metro Vancouver, and we are pleased to again welcome a group of talented young singers from Argyle. Under the direction of their teacher Frances Roberts, they will perform their own short set of four Christmas songs immediately after the concert intermission. The balance of the program (45 minute first half, and a half-hour remainder in the second) will feature 40+ voices of the VWMC, under the direction of Jonathan Quick, with pianist Karen Lee-Morlang, and the renowned Vancouver saxophonist Julia Nolan as guest instrumentalist. We will also be featuring soprano Skye Wilkinson, in her second year at UBC majoring in Opera Performance, and a recipient of one of our annual student bursary awards. We welcome parents, families and friends of the school to enjoy this concert of varied Christmas music – sacred and secular, familiar and novel (and a small taste of Welsh!), and to hear the Argyle students in a performance that will be a delightful transition into the Christmas season.
We have a number of COVID-related safety precautions in place, in compliance with, or exceeding, provincial requirements, exempted only as specified in British Columbia orders:
- All choir performers and guests have been fully vaccinated, and are following a strict protocol to maximize everyone’s safety.
- VWMC and school choir members will be singing with masks on. Only our conductor, pianist, and soloists will be performing mask-free, distanced from the audience.
- All concert attendees 12+ years must present proof of vaccination at the door. Government approved ID is required for ages 19+.
- All concert attendees 5+ years must wear face masks while inside the venue, including during the performance.
- Regrettably, we won’t be singing any songs jointly with the school choir this year due to limited space on stage. The Argyle choir will sing four songs on their own. We look forward to resuming our grand finales next year.
Tickets are $33 for adults and seniors, and $18 for youth (12-16 years). Children under 12 years are free, but a ticket is required to ensure a seat. Seating is reserved. Tickets will be available at the door (cash or credit card), but advance purchase is strongly recommended for best choice, and to avoid line-ups or disappointment. Information and ticket links are available at www.vancouverchoir.ca. If you have difficulty with online purchase, call the Centennial Theatre box office at 604-984-4484, Tuesday-Friday, 12:00 noon to 5 pm.
Thanks, and enjoy the upcoming holiday season.